1,700 retailers North America, Latin America, participated in the Zebra 2017 Retail Vision Study about retail revolution of the Internet of Things.
These retailers are from Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and the Middle East. The methodology of the research is basically an online interview with the aid of Qualtrics and Research Now.
Here are the findings:
- 73% of the participating retailers believe that management of large data is critical to their business.
- 90% of participating retailers are interested in the 2021 implementation of buy online, pickup in store.
- 70% of the retailers will utilize Internet of Things in improving marketing strategies.
- 78% of the participating retail decision-makers are thinking about using omnichannel or an integration between online and in-store for more effective service delivery and customer service.
- 87% of the retailers are thinking about deploying Mobile Point-of-Sale devices in the year 2021 for safer payment transactions.
Here are some of the in-demand business investments by the year 2021:
- 78% percent of software analytics for customer safety and security to prevent loss. This business intelligence investment will also aid in price optimization.
- 79% of video, camera, and surveillance analytics for operational security.
- 75% of more accurate prediction analytics.
- 75% of camera and video evaluation for the improvement of customer experience.
- 72% of more accurate cognitive computing for insights.
- 77% of big data management and solutions to ensure accurate analysis of IoT generated data.
Analyzing the Participants
Zebra strongly believes that the participants, born between 1980 and 1995, belong to a group called digital natives that is why the yielded results are favorable for the targeted business year, 2021.
Most of them agreed that there is a need for IoT locationing technology that can be applied in various business areas. They agree with Zebra’s advocacy believing that there is a future for their business with the Internet of Things.
It is also believed that this group of business enthusiasts are open to many other technological possibilities in 2021 and beyond. Moreover, there are quite a few percentage of the participants who are young investors and entrepreneurs. They are believed to spread the good news to their peers making these possibilities more in demand in the near future.
Zebra’s research proves that the Internet of Things is considered by many as reliable and efficient in improving their business. The Internet of Things is customer-focused, which is favorable for entrepreneurs as well.